- Uber launches an electric bike fleet in Kenya, a first in Africa
- USA & Kenya Govt Signs Ksh.8.7 billion deal to power electric buses
- Iran strengthens Uganda-Kenya collaboration in the automotive industry
- Ford appoints Caetano as its official distributor in Kenya
- Kenyan President Launches Toyota Fortuner Assembly Plant in Mombasa
- Kenya's President, inaugurates the largest electric motorcycle assembly plant in East Africa.
- Kenya Aims to Host More Automakers
- Russian automakers are eyeing East African assembly plants
- Metro Trans East Africa Limited Acquires Five New Electric Buses
- Kenya is developing a National Electric Mobility Plan to combat pollution
Electric tricycles from Mobility for Africa receive $2m from Infraco
In Zimbabwe, InfraCo Africa, an investment business of the Private Infrastructure Development Group (PIDG), has inked a US$2 million (Z$723.8 billion) contract with the start-up Mobility for Africa to deploy 400 electric cars in rural regions. The cars, known as "hambas" (go ahead, in the local Ndebele language), are solar-powered and built in Harare.
Posted on : 03 Oct,2023 | News Source : adqz.co