- Treepz, a Nigerian vehicle rental firm, expands into Kenya
- Kenyan mobility startup eWAKA has received $540,000 in funding
- Toyota intends to produce electric vehicles in South Africa
- KenGen plans to acquire more EVs and build power stations
- Kenya's electric motorcycle drive is boosted by battery swapping
- Electric tricycles from Mobility for Africa receive $2m from Infraco
- Kengen introduces four EVs in an effort to expand into the e-mobility sector
- Global Auto is named as the BMW Group's Egyptian importer
- Redawa Motors signed MoU to form first Ethiopian industrial park
- American EV start-up Rivian partners with Kenya's MWCT
GM, Isuzu Motors Limited sign agreement
GM and Isuzu Motors Ltd. announced the further strengthening of their relationship through confirmation that a framework agreement has been signed, focused on increasing co-operation and the level of involvement of Isuzu in GM's South Africa's operations.The main objective of this agreement is to ensure that the South African manufacturing operation is well positioned to assemble light commercial vehicles at high volume for both domestic and export markets, while continuing to provide a strong portfolio of Chevrolet, Opel and Isuzu vehicles to its customers.
This agreement serves as confirmation of GM's commitment to the long-term future of its operations in South Africa. More details will be communicated once discussions have been completed over the next year.
Isuzu is an important partner for us in Africa through our manufacturing operations which are based in SA, Kenya and Egypt, as well as distribution across the continent. This also builds on the existing co-operation and partnership between Isuzu and GM in South Africa which has been in place for almost a decade through our JV which is focused on building and distributing medium and heavy commercial trucks.
Furthermore Isuzu is a key brand for GM in South Africa , having being offered in the market for almost four decades and commanding a 14% share of the one ton segment of the market and also a 15% share of the medium and heavy commercial truck market.
Posted on : 27 Mar,2023 | News Source : ABNews
Automart is Africa's leading directory and market news website for the automotive spare parts, automobiles and auto accessories industry | Kenya | Tanzania | Ethiopia
Exhibitions In Africa
- 24th Autoexpo Kenya 2023
KICC, Nairobi, Kenya