- Ugandan auto firm targets to start manufacturing buses this year
- Tanzania Automotive Sector Attracting Investment and is finally above pre-pandemic levels by 1.2%
- Plentywaka And Autocheck Have Teamed Up To Make Vehicle Inspection And Maintenance Easier
- Kenya Boosts The Automotive Sector By Increasing Vehicle Exports
- The Automotive Sector in Africa is Booming, Incorporating Wide Range of Trades and Skills
- Mitsubishi Motors South Africa Has Appointed a New Managing Director
- India Topped 2020 Vehicle Imports into South Africa despite Covid-19 Impact
- McLaren Automotive appoints Mohamed Fawzi as Market Director for Middle East and Africa
- Toyota Has Teamed Up With Sasol, a South African Oil Company, To Develop Hydrogen-Powered Mobility
- South Africa’s Automotive Industry Looks at Opportunities in West Africa
Ertiga launched in South Africa priced at 159,900 Rand
India made Ertiga will now be shipped to the South Africa as Suzuki has launched the popular seven seat MPV in SA. Besides Ertiga, Suzuki already exports older Alto (A-Star) in the South African automotive market. Suzuki will export Ertiga via CBU route to South Africa, apart from SA, the company also exports Ertiga to Indonesian market via CKD route. Ertiga is being offered only in three petrol variants-GA, GL and GLX. All three variants are equipped with the five-speed manual transmission while GL and GLX trims are also being offered with four speed automatic transmission.
Suzuki has price the basic GA trim at 159,900 (8.86 lakh), GL MT and AT are available for sale at 179,900 Rand (9.97 lakh) and 194,900 Rand (10.80 lakh) respectively, GLX MT and AT trims are being offered at 192,900 Rand (10.69 lakh) and 207,900 Rand (11.52 lakh) respectively. the three variants is a 1.4 litre< K-Series petrol engine that is good for a maximum power output of 93 Bhp along with a peak torque of 130 Nm. South Africa bound Ertiga (Both MT and AT) is said to be capable of returning a fuel economy of 15.5 kms in a litre. Suzuki is also offering a four years warranty/60,000 kms on the Ertiga in SA.
Safety features like Anti-Lock-braking-System and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution and dual front airbags are being offered as standard. The high end variant, GLX gets additional features like alloy wheels, music system with USB connectivity, multi-function steering wheel, power windows, foglamps and central locking.
Source : cartrade.com
Posted on : 19 Sep,2021 | News Source : ABNews