- Kenya's electric motorcycle drive is boosted by battery swapping
- Electric tricycles from Mobility for Africa receive $2m from Infraco
- Kengen introduces four EVs in an effort to expand into the e-mobility sector
- Global Auto is named as the BMW Group's Egyptian importer
- Redawa Motors signed MoU to form first Ethiopian industrial park
- American EV start-up Rivian partners with Kenya's MWCT
- Little Introduces Electric Bikes Aimed for Kenya's Mass Market
- Kenya Power will invest $331,000 in a test project to switch to electric vehicles
- 16 additional African nations are now on BMW SA's export list
- E-motorcycle companies rely on asset financing
Ertiga launched in South Africa priced at 159,900 Rand
India made Ertiga will now be shipped to the South Africa as Suzuki has launched the popular seven seat MPV in SA. Besides Ertiga, Suzuki already exports older Alto (A-Star) in the South African automotive market. Suzuki will export Ertiga via CBU route to South Africa, apart from SA, the company also exports Ertiga to Indonesian market via CKD route. Ertiga is being offered only in three petrol variants-GA, GL and GLX. All three variants are equipped with the five-speed manual transmission while GL and GLX trims are also being offered with four speed automatic transmission.
Suzuki has price the basic GA trim at 159,900 (8.86 lakh), GL MT and AT are available for sale at 179,900 Rand (9.97 lakh) and 194,900 Rand (10.80 lakh) respectively, GLX MT and AT trims are being offered at 192,900 Rand (10.69 lakh) and 207,900 Rand (11.52 lakh) respectively. the three variants is a 1.4 litre< K-Series petrol engine that is good for a maximum power output of 93 Bhp along with a peak torque of 130 Nm. South Africa bound Ertiga (Both MT and AT) is said to be capable of returning a fuel economy of 15.5 kms in a litre. Suzuki is also offering a four years warranty/60,000 kms on the Ertiga in SA.
Safety features like Anti-Lock-braking-System and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution and dual front airbags are being offered as standard. The high end variant, GLX gets additional features like alloy wheels, music system with USB connectivity, multi-function steering wheel, power windows, foglamps and central locking.
Source : cartrade.com
Posted on : 29 Jan,2023 | News Source : ABNews