- Ugandan auto firm targets to start manufacturing buses this year
- Tanzania Automotive Sector Attracting Investment and is finally above pre-pandemic levels by 1.2%
- Plentywaka And Autocheck Have Teamed Up To Make Vehicle Inspection And Maintenance Easier
- Kenya Boosts The Automotive Sector By Increasing Vehicle Exports
- The Automotive Sector in Africa is Booming, Incorporating Wide Range of Trades and Skills
- Mitsubishi Motors South Africa Has Appointed a New Managing Director
- India Topped 2020 Vehicle Imports into South Africa despite Covid-19 Impact
- McLaren Automotive appoints Mohamed Fawzi as Market Director for Middle East and Africa
- Toyota Has Teamed Up With Sasol, a South African Oil Company, To Develop Hydrogen-Powered Mobility
- South Africa’s Automotive Industry Looks at Opportunities in West Africa
Mercedes-Benz starts C-Class sedan production in South Africa
he move represents second of the four locations that started production of the highest volume Mercedes-Benz model line and the fourth generation of the C-Class vehicles that are being produced at the plant.
Mercedes-Benz Cars Production and Supply Chain Management Divisional Board member Markus Schäfer said the company is ramping up its C-Class production as planned with the start of production in South Africa.
"The additional production capacities in East London are thus available at the right time to optimally serve the wishes of our customers," Schäfer added.
Previously, Mercedes-Benz had started production of the C-Class vehicles at the Bremen plant in Germany, and plans to make the vehicles at its plants in Tuscaloosa/Alabama in the US and Beijing in China within the coming months.
Mercedes-Benz South Africa Manufacturing CEO and vice president Arno van der Merwe said the C-Class marks another milestone for the company in South Africa and for the East London plant.
"This goes especially with regard to the host of innovative manufacturing technologies which have been introduced at the plant for the first time with the new C-Class," Merwe added.
Source : manufacturing.automotive-business-review.com
Posted on : 19 Sep,2021 | News Source : ABNews