- Autoexpo Kenya to open tomorrow at KICC in Nairobi
- Auto-Springs East Africa opens manufacturing plant in Limuru
- Toyota opens its first garage in Thika
- ROBERT BOSCH ONCE AGAIN TO BE A PART OF THE MEGA EVENT AUTOEXPO KENYA 2019
- MOBIKEY TRUCK AND BUS LTD All Set To Participate at 22nd AUTOEXPO KENYA 2019 From 18th to 20th July
- Rwanda's First Car Online Marketplace Launched
- Local Automobile Sales To Increase in South Africa
- Morocco’s Auto Sector Plays Major Role in Boosting Economy
- Isuzu East Africa Launches 'Cool Vehicles' for Retailers
- Introduction To South African Autoparts Manufacturers In Nigeria
Rwanda’s Akagera Business Group in partnership with Mercedes Benz
Akagera Motors has signed a partnership deal with renowned vehicle manufacturer Mercedes Benz, as the German investors continue to loosen their stretch in the Rwandan market.
The local auto market in Rwanda is gaining attention and has interested in various foreign companies to invest in the industry.
Akagera Motors being exclusive distributor for Toyota (Japan), HINO (Japan), Mahindra & Mahindra (India) and Ashok Leyland (India), Fuso(Japan), Nissan (Japan), and Foton (China), will also now become the exclusive Mercedes Benz sales and service dealer in Rwanda. The partnership will enable the car dealer located in Kigali to get the latest model of the global automobile marque.
The launch of the deal memorialized over the weekend saw Mercedes Benz displayed the new Mercedes-Benz Actros, fitted with the latest technology to conquer the African terrain. Including the changes made for the commercial heavy duty truck include fuel efficiency, reliability and robustness.
Speaking about the Mercedes, Director of Akagera Business Group (ABG), Vinay Gorajia noted that, “ABG is committed to becoming your trusted business partner in transport and logistics needs. Not only from the visible feature of selling your products but the long-term relationship of servicing the products for you so that all the cost of ownership is as low as feasible, which will translate into a very good financial position for your company.”
“Asset management is one of the key factors that many companies struggle with because of the cost of ownership from maintenance and fuel consumption point of view. This is a key element we are going to be focusing on in 2019 with the most recent upgrades and how we can assist you.”
In November last year, Akagera Motors disclosed new heavy duty FUSO models including Fuso Canter, Fuso FI 1217, Fuso FJ 1823 R and Fuso FJ 2528 C and FJ 2528 R. There is a growing demand for heavy commercial vehicles in the Rwandan market that has opened investment opportunities for foreign firms to enhance business tie ups with the local industry to tap into the potential availability.
German investors continue to establish their existence in Rwanda with the ease of doing business in the country luring companies. Volkswagen, one more German automaker established an assembling plant in Rwanda, rolling out its first ‘Made-in-Rwanda’ Polo car.