- Russian Lada cars will be manufactured in Ethiopia for the African market
- Pakistani carmaker MCML has begun exporting SUVs to Africa
- Uber launches an electric bike fleet in Kenya, a first in Africa
- USA & Kenya Govt Signs Ksh.8.7 billion deal to power electric buses
- Iran strengthens Uganda-Kenya collaboration in the automotive industry
- Ford appoints Caetano as its official distributor in Kenya
- Kenyan President Launches Toyota Fortuner Assembly Plant in Mombasa
- Kenya's President, inaugurates the largest electric motorcycle assembly plant in East Africa.
- Kenya Aims to Host More Automakers
- Russian automakers are eyeing East African assembly plants
Tanzania Automotive Sector Attracting Investment and is finally above pre-pandemic levels by 1.2%
Tanzania amid robust demand for automotive vehicles, numerous domestic and foreign manufacturers are planning to enlarge their production bases in Tanzania. Government of Tanzania also prioritizes the automotive segment as a vital revenue generator and is boosting flow of FDIs in automotive industry.
Tanzania is one of the most favourable and fastest developing automobile markets in the region. Tanzania automobile industry is reinforced by numerous factors such as labour availability, R&D efforts, geographic advantage and government support.
With optimistic outlook for economy and greater household purchasing power, the automobile sales in the country are set to witness resilient surge in sales.
Tanzania’s vehicle market in June 2021 finally make progress and surpasses pre-pandemic levels by 1.2 percent. In fact, 170 units have been sold in June (+93.2%), leading First Half sales at 1,060 units (+47%).
In June 2021 the Tanzanian market keeps growing after a 233.3 percent upsurge in sales the previous month, and reports 170 units sold (+93.2%), leading First Half sales at 1,060 units, a 47 percent increase in sales compared to 2020. Compared to pre-pandemic levels the market is finally recovered, in fact, with respect to the performance in June 2019 sales are up 1.2 percent
Posted on : 03 Dec,2023 | News Source : www.atcp.com
Automart is Africa's leading directory and market news website for the automotive spare parts, automobiles and auto accessories industry | Kenya | Tanzania | Ethiopia
Exhibitions In Africa
- AUTOSPORT INTERNATIONAL SHOW 2024
National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham, United Kingdom
- NORTHEAST INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW 2024
Rhode Island Convention Center Providence, Rhode Island, USA
- GREATER MILWAUKEE AUTO SHOW 2024
Wisconsin Center, Milwaukee, WI, USA
- TIRES & RUBBER 2024
Expocentr' Krasnaya Presnya Fairgrounds, Moscow, Russia