- Secondhand Car Dealers to become distributors of Assembled Vehicles in Ghana
- Mahindra Commences Operations In Kenya With Locally-assembled Pick-ups
- Volkswagen introduces electric mobility to South Africa
- BOLLORE PORTS SIGNS A CONCESSION AGREEMENT TO MANAGE THE FIRST PORT TERMINAL DEDICATED
- TOYOTA SOUTH AFRICA ROLLS OUT R4.3-BILLION INVESTMENT AT LOCAL OPERATIONS
- THE 3RD ETHIOPIA INTERNATIONAL TRADE EXHIBITION 2020 AT ADDIS ABABA
- Tiger Wheel & Tyre wins award for excellence at 2019 Discovery Insure Partner Awards
- First Bosch automotive shop opens in Ghana
- Africa becomes a key export market for Indian Automobile Manufacturers in 2019/20
- Uber takes to streets of Ivory Coast in African expansion
Toyota Launched Second-Gen Ertiga In Kenya Under Its New Partnership With Suzuki
Toyota has launched its second-gen Ertiga in Kenya under its new partnership with Suzuki.
The company decided to launch the Ertiga to benefit from the rising demand of MPVs and station wagons the market.
Toyota had started selling Suzuki models in Kenya in March this year.
The second-gen Ertiga is 4,395 mm long, 1,735 mm wide and 1,690 mm high. It comes with 209 litres of boot space, which can be expanded up to 803 litres on demand.
The Indian-spec model comes with two engine options: K15B 1.5-litre petrol (104.70 PS/138 Nm) and D13A 1.3-litre diesel (89.74 PS/200 Nm).
The Smart Hybrid dual-battery mild-hybrid system is standard. The transmission duties are handled by a 5-speed manual unit or a 4-speed automatic unit (petrol-only).
The Ertiga has been placed throughout the Toyota dealerships in the African country.
As per Toyota Kenya, there is a growing trend of vehicles for transporting passenger-cum-cargo for which Ertiga fits the bill perfectly.
In the previous year, the demand in the segment was at an all-time high, and out of all the newly registered vehicles, most were station wagons.
Arvinder Reel, Managing Director of Toyota Kenya, says, "The growing need of space pushes customers to look for spacious station wagons and new Ertiga delivers this."
In Kenya, the Ertiga employs the same K15B 1.5-litre petrol engine as standard and is offered with a 3-year or 100,000km warranty plan.
It features projector headlamps, LED tail lamps, 4.2-inch colour MID, automatic climate control and 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Mirror Link.
Also, it has the functionality of second-row seat with one-touch fold and slide mechanism
Toyota will also sell other Suzuki vehicles such as the Vitara Brezza and the Ciaz. In return to this, Suzuki will receive two electrified vehicles built on the Toyota platform. These vehicles will be sold in the European markets.
Toyota Kenya says that there is an increasing trend of vehicles for transporting passenger-cum-cargo for which Ertiga fits the bill just perfectly.
Posted on : 29 Mar,2020 | News Source : ABNews