- Economic 'game changer'? African leaders launch free-trade zone
- Nippon Express Boost up its Presence in Morocco
- Ivory Coast Sign Vehicle Assembly Plant Deal with Toyota
- Toyota Launched Second-Gen Ertiga In Kenya Under Its New Partnership With Suzuki
- Uganda Is Aiming To Start Assembling New Vehicles By June 2022
- Autoexpo Kenya to open tomorrow at KICC in Nairobi
- Auto-Springs East Africa opens manufacturing plant in Limuru
- Toyota opens its first garage in Thika
- ROBERT BOSCH ONCE AGAIN TO BE A PART OF THE MEGA EVENT AUTOEXPO KENYA 2019
- MOBIKEY TRUCK AND BUS LTD All Set To Participate at 22nd AUTOEXPO KENYA 2019 From 18th to 20th July
Morocco’s Auto Sector Plays Major Role in Boosting Economy
Morocco's Ministry of Trade and Industry has said the North African country has attained nearly 81 percent of its goal in the Industrial Acceleration Plan (IAP) to boost jobs and that job establishment has been strongest in Morocco's blooming automotive sector.
According to Morocco World News, the ministry explained that, between 2014 and 2018, industries created 405,496 jobs. The automotive industry reported the strongest job creation. The sector created 116,611 jobs in that time frame, representing 28.8 percent of all new jobs in the time period.
The ministry said that the sector is still expanding. The automotive sector is followed by textiles with 79,300 jobs created.